A Kenya Certificate of Secondary of Education (KCSE) candidate is in great turmoil after he consumed harmful chemicals after an experiment in the ongoing national exam.
The Form Four student at a school in Narok reportedly indulged in ethanol on Friday when he was done with his Chemistry Paper 3.
The 18-year-old was rushed to Narok Cottage Hospital before he was referred to Nakuru Level Five Hospital when he developed complications.
According to his mother, Josphine Lankenua, he was not able to sit for the Biology paper on Monday since he could not see, speak or eat.
Confirming the incident Nursing Officer Teresiah Mungai noted that he was responding well to treatment.
“He is in stable condition and there’s a high chance of him regaining sight since an eye specialist has attended to him,” Ms Mungai was quoted by the Nation.
The boy’s mother accused the school of hiding her son’s condition from her until he was taken to the Nakuru Level Five Hospital.